Perhaps...

Monday, May 07, 2007

Is this fair?

When we hired the musicians for the ceremony, I requested that we meet once prior to the wedding, perhaps at the rehearsal. After all this was discussed, we were given a price and everything was jovial. Last night, I called him to discuss arrangements for him to come to the rehearsal. According to him, now I owe him double. He says that the rehearsal counts as another gig and therefore we should pay him double, even though I don't want him to play every song... just set up and make sure we all know our cues.

Am I wrong to feel offended by this?

2 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

No, Stephanie! You should be offended. Rehearsal shouldn't cost you double. I would suggest calling other musicians in the area and see if they charge for rehearsals. If they don't, I would tell your musician that you're not going to pay him and definitely report him to the Better Business Bureau. I'm so sorry, girl! Sometimes wedding planning can totally suck!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

I hear you on Melinda, girl!

And what's the scoop with the musicians? I've been thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home