Perhaps...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Birthweekend



I was dreading my birthday this year... I could feel it sneaking up on me. This is unusual. I am usually very excited about my birthday and regardless of what happens, I feel excited and refreshed. But somehow, I just felt different this year. I say that I feel old... but it wasn't even that so much. I just wasn't excited about it this year - and that alone made me sad, because I really wanted to enjoy it.

The day before my birthday one of my chinchillas passed away. He was my first and favorite -- so I was very upset to find out he was gone. I cried for a long time. Thankfully, Nicholas spent a good amount of that time beside me, just there. Sometimes that is the best remedy. I didn't need him to say anything, I just needed his physical presence to help me feel better.

I was, needless to say, convinced that my birthday was going to be worse than ever at this point.

-----

Thankfully, my actual birthday was very nice. I spent the day with my family - no party, no craziness, just a mellow day. It turned out to be very relaxing.

Nicholas and I planned to go out for a nice dinner on my birthday, but on our way there we realized it was not going to work. There was a big football game that night and the traffic was horrible, so we got off the interstate and headed home. We decided to go out to dinner the next night.

On Friday, we went to Solera Cafe in Morgantown. It was AMAZING! I've never really had such a fine dining experience. The plating was beautiful and the food tasted superb - not to mention, the serving sizes were very generous. It was expensive, but it was worth it for the experience. I hope to go back soon to try the trout.

-----

Unfortunately, I woke up Saturday very sick. I could barely function. I took some medicine and was out for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home