Perhaps...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

...and one to grow on.

It is 1:30am, which means that it is officially my birthday.

To celebrate, I bought myself a one-cup coffee maker and some clothes for Kitsch. (Sorry Bailey, I know you warned me against it... but I couldn't resist)

I'm not looking forward to today - and not really because I'm getting older - I just have a lot to do today. I have an interview for a second adjunct job in the afternoon and a workshop to teach in the evening. If I take this second adjunct position, I will be teaching 5 or 6 composition courses each semester on top of working at the writing center and teaching a High School Writer's Workshop. It's just so much work... and that's what really has me feeling down this year on my birthday. But I can't get around it. There's a wedding to plan, bills to pay, food to buy... and let me tell you - adjunct jobs don't pay squat. And without the second job, I'm unable to put any money aside for the wedding...

But enough complaining and worrying. It's my birthday and there is something that makes me VERY happy.


Yes... that is a button-down shirt and sweater vest that Kitsch is wearing. And yes, he does look absolutely fantastic in it.

And yes, the wife-beater that I bought him does say "I'm not FAT. I'm FLUFFY."

So break out the ice-cream cake and candles and wish a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Stephanie, Happy Birthday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home