Perhaps...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Maybe if I had eyeglasses on, I could find them...

I lost my eyeglasses about two or three months ago and I have no idea where they could have gone. It is really starting to drive me crazy the more I think about it.

We had just moved into the new place and I was starting to get into the habit of wearing my glasses every day. I carried the case in my car, because prior to wearing them regularly, I only wore them while driving... so I would put them on when I got into the car and take them off while getting out. The first place I looked when I realized they were missing was that case and they weren't there.

I then looked on all the surfaces next to the places I lay down. So the coffee table and bookshelves were fair game -- but they weren't there.

Next on the list -- under every surface I would have normally set them on. I figured Kitsch could have knocked them around. But they were not there.

I have since looked under the sofa, in the cushions, behind the books on my bookshelf, in drawers, in all of my purses, in cabinets and on shelves.

They are NOT in this house. Which is really disturbing, because at the time I lost them, Nick and I had stopped eating out completely. The only times we did eat out in that month were at the same place. So, I called that restaurant and they said they had indeed found glasses, but that they were large gold rimmed glasses. Mine are small, black rimmed glasses.

So - now I don't know what to do. I went to see about new glasses, but they are just way too expensive right now.

Tonight I got a little nervous about it all and shook the house a part trying to find them. I looked in all the places I may have missed when I looked earlier. I found $7.32, but I did not find my glasses.

I wish they would just surface. They have to be around here somewhere. They can't have just disappeared.

-------

In other news: We have picked our halloween costumes. And I won't give it away now -- but let me say -- it's exciting. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home