Perhaps...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Where was I twenty years ago?

So I started feeling old tonight while looking up old highschool friends... so I decided to reminisce a little bit. I can't believe that I can actually say - "Oh, I remember about twenty years ago when I..." TWENTY YEARS AGO?????!!!!!???? What has happened here? So you want to know where I was twenty or ten years ago? Sit back, relax, let me tell you.

In 1986
--I was in kindergarten
--My nickname was "rabbit" because I wore a white fur coat all the time.
--I wore tiered skirts and spandex bodysuits.
--I had already been reading for a year or so.
--I didn't have a little sister.
--My brother was only one.
--I loved Solid Gold Dance Party and MTV (though my mother banned them some time that year.)
--My life's ambitions that year were to be a teacher or a dancer.
--We moved into a bigger house.
--My dad brought home my cat, Angel.
--My cousin, Angie and I were inseperable.


And what about ten years ago??? Well,

In 1996
--I was in high school.
--I wore long flowery skirts and really short flowery skirts.
--I wore short sleeve turtlenecks.
--I had a crush on every boy.
--We moved again... into a better house.
--I went to scotland that summer.
--I went to Arizona that summer.
--I was immersed in the hammered dulcimer.
--I was making the transfer from small private school to large public high school.
--I was incredibly energetic.
--I was incredibly religious.
--I loved being social.
--I was learning to drive.
--my brother was only 11.
--my sister was only 6.
--I loved TGIF tv.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Abs said...

Steph,
I've been out of the loop and have been catching up on your blog. I just want to say big congratulations about the house find and the job, and your hard-won happiness. I'm so pleased for you...it makes me smile that your life has arrived in that blissful place that you deserve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home