Perhaps...

Monday, August 18, 2008

Headaches, Weird Dreams, and the End of Summer

Last night I had a horrible headache. When I first went to bed, it was fairly mild. I was able to fall asleep after about fifteen minutes. It just got worse from there.

I dreamt that I was standing in the kitchen with my mother and then suddenly grabbed at the front of my hairline and pulled all of my hair out in one rapid movement. I then began screaming "Why did I just do that?" over and over again. I was completely confused about what had just happened. All I felt was intense burning pain. Then, I woke up and realized that the reason I had such a terrible dream was because my head felt like it was splitting open. I was in intense pain. I managed to fall back asleep, only to wake back up every few minutes until my alarm went off.

Thankfully, after a few pills and a chilly walk to campus, my headache whittled away to nothing. I would have been pretty miserable if I had to do introductions and syllabus discussions while my head was pounding.

Thankfully, I felt fine again and my students seemed to be motivated and interested in participating in discussion. But, since it was basically just introductions today, it is really too early to tell if this will continue. I have high hopes!

I suffer from headaches quite frequently, usually five or six a week varying in intensity. OTC medicines don't help most of the time anymore. I need to see the doctor soon and figure it out. I'm tired of it.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Karen J. Weyant said...

I've been teaching for 10 years, and I always have nightmares right before the start of school.

Not sure, why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home