Perhaps...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Resolution for everyone: Goof Off!

As promised, here is my post about the new year celebration we had at our house this year. My brother-in-law and his wife stayed with us and we were mighty busy while they were here.

We started the visit off with dinner at Chili's. Nick and I have declared it our current favorite. It's affordable and the ribs are really tasty. The rest of the time I prepared dinner, but it was nice to go out once.

The next day we ran over to my dad's lounge. For those of you who don't know, my father recently started a business. It is really nice there and he has a pool table. We all like to shoot pool, so we took the trip. Needless to say, I lost every time. But it was still a good time.

We tried to visit Cooper's Rock State Park, but it was closed.

On New Year's Eve we decided to stay in and enjoy the new year as a foursome rather than out and about. So, we had a "game-a-thon." We played every board game imaginable, created an obstacle course in the basement, played "Five Dollars" out in the cold, had a rousing game of hide-n-seek, broke out the old school Nintendo, had a picture taking contest, among other things. It was such a blast.

May I suggest to all of you - take some time to act like a kid again. It is so wonderful to forget about responsibility for awhile and to put aside all reservations and "adult-like" formality. Goof off! Play hide-n-seek with your 28 year old brother or even with your children. Play some of the games that you have not played in years. It feels like travelling back in time. I really enjoyed that.

Now, we are alone. Our guests have made the three hour trip home. But it was such a good time. We might have to make a tradition out of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home