Perhaps...

Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm finally in the Christmas Spirit.

Tonight was the family Christmas Party. These parties make me think of my childhood - they make me happy.

When I was young, we had the party at my Aunt's house. Me and my cousins, who are like siblings to me, would sing into candles and pretend that we were movie stars. We would open a couple presents and play and play. Food was on every surface in the house and we would munch for hours.

Things are a little different now -- The party is at my mother's house, it is much smaller, but still fun. My cousins have children, my "nieces" and "nephew." They run around the house, eating everything in sight, playing and playing, enjoying each other's company.

Children make Christmas. Their little feet running around the house. Their little laughs. Their smiles when they open their gifts.

Tonight, I am very thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home