Perhaps...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Snowed in... (some pictures)

The river has been frozen for weeks now. And the snow has spread itself out all over it. The deck looks like a white waffle fry and the bird-feeder is empty empty empty. If only I could muster the courage to run across the river and write my name in footprints.






And inside my little home there is a flower in full bloom. A pretty winter lady's slipper that is making me think of spring, and the tulips and crocuses stewing underground in the littlest garden in front of my house.


And if you are wondering where my ivy plant has moved for the winter, it is roosting politely in the kitchen, above my cabinets. I'm pleased with how well it is doing. Before I moved into this house, it was starting to wilt. But after I repotted him and moved him here, with all the windows, he is happy and green. And every day there is a new leaf sprouting. I'm going to have to repot him again this spring!

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Abs said...

Steph, I just checked in after a long time, it seems...I love your honeymoon dress pattern! That's going to be so pretty on you!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Why thank you! I hope it turns out. This sewing stuff is HARD! I admire your ability. You amaze me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home