Perhaps...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Off and running

Tonight was the first night of this semester's High School Writer's Workshop. We had a fantastic turnout -- 11 students! That's right... 11 students, on a snowy, Wednesday evening, the first night!!! It took us half the semester to get 10 students last time and then we shrunk back down to four. I'm hoping this is a sign of good things for this semester. The students all seem fairly eager to learn, and Nick and I are fairly eager to teach them.


-------


I set aside a block of hotel rooms this evening for the wedding guests that are coming from far away. Luckily, we found a hotel that not only allows pets, but also allows them to be left alone in the hotel room. My future in-laws have two dogs that must come with them on the trip, so we were worried about finding a place... but it all worked out.


-------



We found the most wonderful honeymoon that we can probably afford! It's no Tahiti or Petit St. Vincent, but it's great. It isn't written in stone yet, but it is the most promising thing we've seen to date. It's an all-inclusive (meals, drinks, activities, taxes, tips) stay in Puerto Vallarta. The room has a jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. !!! I know, I can't believe it either. The price is half the price of most other places we've looked into. I'm hoping that we'll be able to do it. We're going to try to get it all sorted out this weekend.





-------


We still haven't found a videographer! I'm starting to lose hope. Is there no dependable person in WV who can shoot a decent wedding video??? Please, if you know of any, let me know.

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Gerald! I really appreciate the tip. We'll get right on that.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Cool. Glad I mentioned it then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home