Perhaps...

Friday, July 13, 2007

On the road again

I don't think I have ever travelled this much in such a short amount of time in my life. We went to WV a couple weekends ago to find a house. Last weekend we went into WV for a family member's wedding. This weekend we are travelling again.

----

I was tagged by Amanda to list the five books that I would want with me if I were stranded on a desert island. I won't mention books by friends (even though there are a couple that would be good reads on a desert island)

In no particular order:
1. Lark Apprentice by Louise Mathias -- A fantastic book. I could read it over and over again, truly.
2. Cascadia by Brenda Hillman -- I knew when I started this list that I wanted a Brenda Hillman book... I just wasn't sure which one. I think I would choose Cascadia because I feel like it is the one book of hers that I need to spend more time with. I love it... but I don't love it as much as some of her other books. It would do me good to be alone with it for awhile.
3. Ariadne's Island by Molly Bendall -- I mean... Helloooo? I'm on an island... hoping someone is going to come back for me... I could really commiserate with this book (not to mention, I just like it a lot)
4. Landscapes I and II by Lesle Lewis -- I got a review copy of this book for the plain and simple fact that I wanted to write a review of an author that I was unfamiliar with. When I received it... I was BLOWN AWAY!!! This book is haunting and strange and simply beautiful. I would definitely want it with me.
5. The Bible by a lot of people and God -- I know, this seems like cheating... but really - a lot of it is interesting. It's very very long, so I could waste a lot of time reading it... and, if I am going to die on that deserted island, me and God need to be on good terms.

Maybe I should take one of these along for the trip.

-----

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger John Gallaher said...

What, no book on shipbuilding?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home