Perhaps...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Where do I begin?

We now have our first house. And it's simply amazing... I can't even fathom that I am living in this place -- it's like a dream. I still need to get the pictures formatted so that I can post them, but I will try to do that later today. For now, I will just describe it.

The Outside:
We are just outside of a beautiful little town, Grand Rapids, OH (our address is Grand Rapids). Across the street there are NO houses, just fields... and on the other side of the house, there are NO houses, just water -- that's right... We live right on the river. To our left you see only trees and to the right, more trees. There are houses behind those trees, but we can't see them... it's so private. We have a decent sized yard and TWO decks... One big wood deck on the top level and one small stone deck below, both face the river.

The yards are beautifully landscaped with daisies, tulips, lilies, lilac trees, red bud trees, walnut trees, chestnut trees, and more trees that I just down know the name of... The walkway is beautiful stone.

Great Room:
The large great room has cedar cathedral ceilings and a cedar front wall. There are two picture windows above two large sliding glass doors, two skylights (I know... I was pretty psyched about those too) and four other regular sized windows. There is a working wood burning stove front and center which is going to be wonderful this winter. However... we don't need the stove to keep warm because there is heat and central air throughout the entire house.

The kitchen is open to the great room and has a good deal of counter space. There is bar storage, stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal and dishwasher.

Downstairs:
There are two bedrooms downstairs and a bathroom. Both of the bedrooms have large sliding glass doors that lead to the lower deck/patio area. They are carpeted with nice new carpet. And... the topper... the bathroom has a washer and dryer that we purchased and can take with us when and if we ever leave.

Oh yeah... and there is a garage.

This house is amazing. I almost can't believe that I am really living here. We have all the furniture moved in but not all of the little things (ie. papers, guitars, etc.)

I promise to post pictures... very soon.

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Gary L. McDowell said...

Congratulations, Steph. You guys must be so excited! Can't wait to see some pics! And you absolutely must have a house warming once you get settled!

Gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home