Perhaps...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

More on the 360...

Because Gerald asked for it and because lately my world seems to revolve around it...

--The system itself is pretty sweet. It looks like a computer and is really, physically heavy... but it is slim and attractive.

--I haven't noticed any problems with overheating or any other type of system problems yet... and Nick and I basically take turns playing for hours and hours at a time, so if it were going to overheat, it has certainly had the opportunity.

--It is a very expensive toy, but if you enjoy gaming and spend a lot of time doing it... the graphics alone are worth it. Sometimes it feels like you are looking at a snapshot.

--In terms of games, there aren't a whole lot out right now... but there are a ton coming out soon (ie. Halo 3 comes out next year and I'm really excited about that) But really... it's so easy to get immersed in one game for such a long time that by the time you are tired of one, the others will be being released.

--Oblivion is probably the best game in the world. Okay, so some of it is a little "mature" for lack of a better term... It is really enjoyable and there is so much to do in the game that you won't soon tire of it.

--Oblivion is a first person game... but there is a way to view the character in third person and play that way if you are more comfortable playing in that mode. You can switch in and out of those two during play as well.

And for my own pleasure -- I will leave you with another image from the game (I mean... really folks... doesn't it almost look like a real photograph?):

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Thanks, Stephanie! I am glad that you can switch between 1st and 3rd person. I bet combat is easier in 1st person, but I hate walking around in 1st person in a game. I get disoriented. I'll probably find myself buying an Xbox 360 this year, but first I need to replace our computer at home and buy a gas grill!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

I bet you are going to want to buy this game when it comes out: http://masseffect.bioware.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home