Perhaps...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Met my brother for the first time.

Yep, I have a half-brother, whom up until last weekend, I had never met. He showed up at my parents door a couple weeks ago and since then has become a serious part of our lives. He is a sweet boy - but he does have a lot of emotional baggage. I hope that since he now has a loving family - he will begin to heal.

When I was a little girl, I always felt like there was a part of the family missing... it sounds corny to say that... but it's true. I used to ask my mom all the time if I had another brother or sister that I didn't know about, or if I was adopted. She always told me no... until I was 14. At that age, I again approached my mother and said "Mom, please tell me... do I have a brother or sister somewhere that I don't know about?" and she finally said "Yes, you do... and his name is A____" She then went on to tell me that he belonged to my father -- he is one year older than me -- he has Turrett's Syndrome -- his mother wouldn't let my father see him -- my father hadn't seen him since he was a brand new newborn in the hospital. That was all she knew, that was all anyone knew.

And now... He shows up! And I have to say, I'm very excited about it all. He is 25 years old and in desperate need of a family. His mother has not been the most wonderful person to him and since he never had a father figure -- it's nice to know he now does, despite how late in life it is. He's very excited about everything and is so happy to be considered a part of the family.















In other news... I am not feeling well at all. I have the most upset stomach ever... which is why I'm awake right now, at 4:25am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home