Perhaps...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

01:02:03 04/05/06

Today at one 'o' two and three seconds, that was officially the time and date 01:02:03 04/05/06 and that will not happen again until the year 3006.

Anyway... I'm in a contemplative mood right now... or maybe a frustrated mood is more like it. Whenever I find time to think, I resort to negative thinking -- it's my curse.

I'm also in this weird "can't send out submissions" phase... Since I have no idea where I will be three and a half months from now, I can't send anything out. I'm afraid if I do, that I will miss hearing news from someplace.

It's a little frustrating, because I only have a few packets circulating right now and I feel like I need to have more out at one time.

I am also very frustrated by the lack of job situation... I know it is all I ever talk about (complain about is probably more appropriate) but it is seriously terrifying to think that I have spent all this time earning degrees and may still have to resolve myself to the secretary world just to make ends meet. Of course, there is nothing wrong with being a secretary, I was one for a long time and it was a great job... it just isn't what I had in mind when I began planning out my career path.

The other day I started thinking about going to beauty school... but then I decided against that.
Then I thought about becoming a realtor... but then I decided against that.

So I guess it's going to have to be a simple adjunct job that pays little and a humble apartment to begin my family.

*sigh*

And maybe, just maybe, there will still be some good news to come...

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jay McHue said...

Actually, it'll be 2106. I got it wrong the first time, too.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oops... You are right! My bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home